Tweaking your lights! (LEDs, Replacement Headlights, etc) - Page 60

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1050585960

Thread: Tweaking your lights! (LEDs, Replacement Headlights, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Macgyver View Post
    Yeah on the single bulb system. The high beam triggers a device inside the bulb to tilt the bulb. The tilt makes the beam go higher . It is just wired wrong. I cant comment now on the wiring colors. I can take a photo later of mine.
    Odd, the Bi-Xenon lights in my Z don't move the bulb at all, rather there is a cutoff shield on an actuator that flips down to allow the full beam to pass through when Hi-Beams are activated.

I assumed that was how they would all work, much simpler that a device that physically moves the bulb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Super Black Nismo RS 6MT/FWD
    Build:
    Hidden Content

Other Cars:
    2010 Magnetic Black 370Z Sport/Nav/Touring (Build: Hidden Content )
    2015 Brilliant Silver Rogue SL/AWD (Wifey)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

I know I read it somewhere. I have these.......

DDM Tuning: HID and LED Lighting

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tweaking your lights! (LEDs, Replacement Headlights, etc)-1439395208-ddm-hid-kit-slim-ballast-35w-55w.jpg  
    2014 Silver NISMO RS 2wd 240whp 260tqe
    Tint Sun Strip. Cargo Cover. DRL Switch. Zenon Headlites. Full Ultratech Racing Brace Pkg
    LED:Gator Backup Dome License SideMarker Brake. Pinstriping. Doorguards.Weathertech's
    Lighted Scuffs, Accent Lighting, Nismo Strut Caps, 80A Engine mount. Uprev Tuned. Boost gauge
    2J Pully, GTM IC pipes, Injen CAI, TS Wastegate, Injen 2ndCATdlt & 3" pipe, TS BOV, Stut Tower Brace

Well I guess the lights were not done

About 3 days ago I received the OEM Xenon light assemblies for my 2016 Juke.

I put them in over the weekend.

I am planning to post some picture in the same way I posted the HID conversion.

Some notes:

They look really nice.
    They seem to warm up much faster than the hid conversion.
    Light output is very close to the HID conversion.
    They absolutely 100% plug and play.

One rol back was I was not able to transfer my hi beams LED's to the new lights.

I am not sure but they seemed not to fit the 9005 socket well. on my original lights I put them on but they seemed to be a bit crooked in the socket.
    Also the space to put them in was incredibly small. I could not fit my hand to twist the LED bulb. On the other hand I removed/reinstalled the halogen bulb several times without any issue. Thus my conclusion that the LED socket fit was poor.

Pics to come

Regards

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by nickg5 View Post
    ok lights are done

HID conversion.
    LED hi beams

Pictures:

Low beam about 25 feet hitting a wall.

Hi Beam:

outside my garage about 6 feet:

Low beam:

Hi-beam

some light bleed above the cut off but I do not think it is that bad.
    Let's put it this way. leaps and bounds better than stock.

I think the light shaded line in the low beam has to do with the wire that connects the top of the HID bulb.
    Other thoughts. The HID's take a few seconds to come on fully. I think at about 5-6 seconds I have full power.

Regards

Nick

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by nickg5 View Post
    Well I guess the lights were not done

About 3 days ago I received the OEM Xenon light assemblies for my 2016 Juke...

...Pics to come
    Looking forward to seeing your new cut off shots.
    2014 Nismo RS 6MT
    Nismo cf front lip, Nismo cool-blue mirrors, Nismo CAIw/Aux, Impul cf mirrors + inner panels, Seibon hood, Hella horns
    Homelink mirror, OEM refresh tails, DRLswitch, Rays formula lugs, 2J pulley+hoses, Injen IC kit, SM DOCCs
    Synapse DV, IRZ STB, Cusco RSB, 370Z smoke rear fog+switch, SmartStart mobile remote start
    Lightwerkz FXR Stg 1 HID projector retrofit, 3Gs Dual Pod Pillar, Aeroforce CNi102 gauges, Samco hoses
    Uninstalled: TUI catback, Cusco lower arm bar, Impul grille

using this site's recommendation, i decided to go with theretrofitsource.com. i ordered the bi-xenon Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III retrofit HID kit with the Panamera switchback DRL/turn lights. that was the expensive part. and i bought LED replacements for the alligator lights for $5. will post photos after the install. i'm just hoping i don't have to customize my headlight housing too much. when i put an HID kit on my bike, i had to cut the hell out of it to make it fit:

So I planned on changing my rear tail turn signal light to LED, now when i switched the front I had hyper flashing so I put on resistors. Now if I change the back will the hyper flashing come back?
    2014 Nissan Juke Nismo RS 6MT: 2j Racing Pulley (RED), INJEN CAI W/ Hydro-shield, Injen 2nd Cat Delete,INJEN Cat-Back Exhaust, TurboSmart Duel Port BOV, SaikOu Michi Duel OCC
    2014 Juke Upgraded Looks:Diode Dynamics Hi/Lo HID kit (BiXneon @ 8000k), RockBlockz MudFLap, Red Turn Signals, LED Alligator Lights, Limo TINT All Around, 2j-Racing Red Pipes.
    2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4: To Beefy Hidden Content

Yes it will come back unless you have resistors for the rear as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    So I planned on changing my rear tail turn signal light to LED, now when i switched the front I had hyper flashing so I put on resistors. Now if I change the back will the hyper flashing come back?
    2015 Nissan Juke SV FWD CVT Gun Metallic - Mostly Stock Build Thread Hidden Content

Why are lights so complicated -_-
    2014 Nissan Juke Nismo RS 6MT: 2j Racing Pulley (RED), INJEN CAI W/ Hydro-shield, Injen 2nd Cat Delete,INJEN Cat-Back Exhaust, TurboSmart Duel Port BOV, SaikOu Michi Duel OCC
    2014 Juke Upgraded Looks:Diode Dynamics Hi/Lo HID kit (BiXneon @ 8000k), RockBlockz MudFLap, Red Turn Signals, LED Alligator Lights, Limo TINT All Around, 2j-Racing Red Pipes.
    2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4: To Beefy Hidden Content

11. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1050585960

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.