Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

Kev's 2015 Juke SV FWD CVT Boring Build Thread

43K views 199 replies 17 participants last post by  Macgyver 
#1 ·
Well today is the day we pick up our new Juke from the dealer and thus the Juke will be a part of our family for hopefully many trouble free years to come. I decided to start a build thread to document the comings and goings of our Juke and also any mods or add ons we may do to the car. Although I'll see a decent amount of time behind the wheel the Juke will be my wife's daily driver so she'll drive it more than myself therefore the car won't be heavily modded but I'm sure I will tweak a few things here and there and who knows maybe even a few surprises along the way too. Like they say a picture is worth a thousand words so I'll make sure to document the thread with lots of pics but for now off to the dealer.:D

#2 ·
Congrats! good luck with it all.

#5 ·
My wife originally wanted her Juke in Cayenne Red but the dealership wasn't able to find the model we wanted in red so we went with her second color choice Gun Metallic and I have to say I think I like the Gun Metallic more. Nissan does nice grays. Anyways here she is picked her up with all of 15KM on the odometer. :D

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Nissan juke Nissan
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Headlamp Automotive lighting
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Nissan juke Nissan
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Nissan juke Sport utility vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Nissan Sport utility vehicle

#8 ·
Looks good, nice color.

#9 ·
Thanks.

Speaking of color when I purchased the Juke I also had the dealer add a factory spoiler. The dealer called me the day before I picked up the vehicle and told me the factory spoiler only comes in 5 colors and Gun Metallic is not one of them WTF. Why would you not offer a spoiler that color matches the vehicle? I know Nissan is offering this color studio thing where you can add these crazy color combinations to your car but at the end of the day most people probably want the spoiler color matched. Thought it was stupid and kind of pissed me off anyways good chance I'll order a painted to match factory replica I've seen a few on Ebay anybody know if the quality is decent?

#12 · (Edited)
Unlike most people who use the Juke as a two seater I plan to use the Juke as a 4 seater as I'll have my kids back there alot. Me and my wife are short so we don't need much legroom in the front so the kids have manageable room in the back.

So the first order was to Scothgard the front and rear seats and trunk. Followed the instructions to give it two light coats rather one heavy coat and left it overnight to dry. The smell goes away in 2-3 days.

#14 ·
Ordered the spoiler Thursday night got shipping confirmation Friday afternoon. Considering it needs to be painted that is very fast turnaround unless the shop has them prepainted already. Going to have to check on the quality of the spoiler paint job once it comes in.

#22 ·
One of first things I did when I brought the Juke home was pull out the stock mats and replaced them with Weathertech floorliners. Having two kids constantly in and out of the car and the rainy Vancouver weather the floorliners are essential.

View attachment 95745

Perfect driver side fitment, uses the stock hooks.
View attachment 95753

Passenger side fitment is good too but with no hooks anchoring them down the mats do slide a little up and down.
View attachment 95761

I love how the rear mats run all the way across covering the center part and I like how far in the rear mats cover under the seats.
View attachment 95777 View attachment 95785

#25 · (Edited)
One of first things I did when I brought the Juke home was pull out the stock mats and replaced them with Weathertech floorliners. Having two kids constantly in and out of the car and the rainy Vancouver weather the floorliners are essential.

Perfect driver side fitment, uses the stock hooks.

Passenger side fitment is good too but with no hooks anchoring them down the mats do slide a little up and down.

I love how the rear mats run all the way across covering the center part and I like how far in the rear mats cover under the seats.

Those mats look good, am I right in that it looks like the front driver's mat does cover the footrest/dead pedal? Because if so, that's great as its left quite uncovered from the factory and I can see mine is already starting to get a little chewed up.

#28 · (Edited)
Went and checked the tire pressure on all four tires this morning. This is the first time I checked the tires since I picked up the car from the dealer. No surprise that all four tires were over inflated by about 3 PSI can't really trust the dealers to do much nowadays. I brought all 4 tires back down to the recommended 36PSI.

#29 · (Edited)
So after bringing the Juke home 2 weeks ago and putting her through some daily duty paces here is a quick review.

Cons.
The side mirrors on this car is huge and they are mounted where it blocks my vision when making left hand turns. Wish the side mirrors were mounted a little lower and the mirrors were smaller.

No rear passenger interior light??? I guess Nissan does not expect anybody back there lol.

The rear hatch opens really high to the point where I'm worried any low ceiling parking garages I may hit the rear hatch door if I fully open it.
Also the rear hatch door is heavy and takes a solid slam to close it.

Steering is a little numb and vague for my liking would of liked it a little firmer.

I do find the seats on the firm side and lumbar support in the front seats is lacking for sure. Also the seats are made from this alcantara feeling material which has a sticky to the touch feeling to it. Dirt and hair seem to like clinging to the seats.

I do find the gauges a little small and hard to read so larger gauges would be nice.

Neither here nor there.
Road noise is all relative. I've owned much loader cars in the past and my wifes previous Mazda was louder so we have no complaints here I mean it is an economy car after all.

Hard plastics yeah there is alot of hard plastic in the car when most manufacturers are going soft touch. Again it doesn't bother us much, hard plastics are easy to clean. All in all the interior is fine and looks not bad although the center console does look outdated compared to the competition.

MPG seems okay but need a full breakin and more time to better get an idea about MPG.

Pros.
CVT didn't think I'd like it but I have to eat my words a little bit. Does take some getting use to but it is smooth and gets the power down if you get on it.

The heart of every car is the engine and the motor in the Juke is a sweet little powerplant. It isn't the quietest or smoothest but it is very peppy. Had 5 people in the Juke yesterday lol and it did not feel underpowered at all.

The car handles pretty good stock. Suspension is firm so you feel most of the road but the suspension is not to the point where it is harsh. There is a bit of nose dive and body roll when pushed but it is expected it is a Juke not a 370Z lol.

Made in Japan. Fit and finish inside and out is as good if not better than cars in the same price range.

Nice color. This Gun Metallic color looks gorgeous, a very premium looking color.

I really like the extra content they added to the 2015s. Front LED lights and projectors, side mirror turn signals, keyless entry and push button start, backup camera all on the base model makes the Juke a very good value proposition IMO.

All in all we are happy so far with our new Juke. There our some minor things here and there but the most important part of the car the engine, transmission and suspension work nicely together so definitely the pros outweigh the cons.

#34 · (Edited)
Since the Juke will be used as the primary vehicle to shuttle the kids around my back seats will be used alot so I have to take some steps to kid proof my backseats. Definitely not exciting but just something that has to be done.

Anybody in the same boat make sure you buy a quality seat saver. Get something that is well designed, tough and heavily padded if not the child or baby seat will leave an irreversible indentation on your seats that will look terrible or worse damage the seats beyond repair. I have this same exact one on my Civic Si so from experience I know this particular brand works well I picked it up at Toy's R Us if anybody is wondering.

And I also put in some kick mats. Since there isn't a huge amount of legroom back there, there is a good chance the back of the rear seats will get contacted alot these kick mats will help keep them look clean. They are a universal fit but fit the Juke quite nicely and the black matches the interior too. It definitely isn't the prettiest but it will do. I picked these up at Walmart in the baby section a box comes with a set of two kick mats.

These along with the recently installed Weathertech floorliners should do a decent job of keeping things looking as new as possible. I also have a strict rule of no eating or drinking in the car, if your hungry eat before you get in. On long trips I can understand a quick snack but definitely no meals in the car lol, on short trips no eating or drinking unless it is an emergency lol.

#35 ·
I had a couple extra white light LED bulbs leftover after I changed out the interior and license plate lights in my Civic Si when I first got that car, I had a feeling the Juke used the same kind of lights so I went ahead and gave it a try. Since I only had two bulbs on hand I decided to change out the license plate OEM bulbs to the LED bulbs.

This is what I had. T10 5SMD bulbs, they are actually very inexpensive to buy and I ended up buying some more so I could change out the interior lights as well.
View attachment 96377 View attachment 96385

I had no idea how the cover came off so I played with it for a few minutes and figured out that you have to push the cover towards the driver side a half inch than just gently wiggle and pull down and it pops off, same needs to be done on both sides.
View attachment 96393

Once the cover is off gently turn the cover and it comes out giving you access to the bulb.
View attachment 96401

Took a pic side by side of the OEM versus the LED bulb. I was worried it was too long but it just fit.
View attachment 96409

Just pull out the original bulb and put the new one in. Make sure to test it before putting everything back together lol. If it doesn't work re-adjust the bulb to make sure it is sitting properly or turn the bulb around and re-insert it.
View attachment 96417

And the finished product. A nice intense white light rather than the scattered yellowish OEM light. I should of taken a before picture but I forgot lol. Super easy to do if anyone is interested.
View attachment 96425 View attachment 96433

#36 ·
The white LEDs make a nice difference, was one of my first mods!

#39 ·
I'm going to do the interior once I get the new bulbs I just ordered. And going to change out the light in the hatch area as well. I had a festoon bulb sitting around but it didn't fit the Juke it was too big, the Juke uses a small 31mm festoon in the hatch so I had to buy that as well.

I'm most likely going to change out the high and low beams to better quality and brighter white bulbs. The driver side looks easy but the passenger side looks like a serious pain in the butt. Have to move the washer reservoir and there are a whole bunch of wires and tubes over one of the light covers.

#43 ·
That's a big mess. The previous model doesn't have that barn of wires/tubes. You can swap out the bulbs, but it's probably going to take some trial & error because you'll be the first person to do...as far as I know.

My Juke doesn't have that mess. I had plenty of room to move my hand around.

#44 ·
From what you told me and from what I saw on my car I figured things got changed up on the 2015s. The clip holding the washer reservoir in place is tucked under the light housing pretty good but with some patience I should be able to reach it and pop it out. From what I can tell the mumble jumble of tubes and hoses is mostly covering the low beams, the DRLs look more accessible and it is the DRLs that bother me most with that yellowish scattered light so I might go ahead and atleast do the DRLs.

#45 ·
On my way home I was able to flag down the UPS guy just as he was about to take off he didn't look very happy lol. Got my prepainted aftermarket OEM replica spoiler today I'm so excited.
View attachment 96545

Side sticker. Looks like these are all prepainted beforehand, I thought they were painted when you order them no wonder this was shipped the day after I ordered it.
View attachment 96553

#46 ·
On my way home I was able to flag down the UPS guy just as he was about to take off he didn't look very happy lol. Got my prepainted aftermarket OEM replica spoiler today I'm so excited.

Side sticker. Looks like these are all prepainted beforehand, I thought they were painted when you order them no wonder this was shipped the day after I ordered it.
yeah!

#47 ·
Nice! looking forward to seeing how it all looks.

#48 ·
Me too lol. Seeing the headlights are going to be a bit of a pain I'll leave them for a little later when I have more motivation. Will try to have the spoiler installed next week. First though if I can get the car away from the wife I plan to do a full wash and exterior detail on Friday. Going to clay bar, polish, seal, and wax the new car to protect that brand new paint stay tuned for that I will take lots of pics of the whole ordeal.

#52 · (Edited)
Yeah UPS sucks when shipping to Canada, once I got dinged $50.00 brokerage fee on a $20.00 hat. Most of the time I get things shipped to Ship Happens in Sumas, only a 20 min drive from Mission. They only charge $3.00.
Ship Happens - Home - Your US Shipping address service for home and business
Thats convenient. I'm further away I live in Burnaby. I didn't know the company uses UPS till after they shipped the spoiler, turnaround time was really fast. Got an email shortly after I paid for it confirming color and got a shipping confirmation next morning. UPS charges outrageous brokerage fees I was expecting to pay more than $26 bucks.

#54 ·
I was quoted the same $490 +taxes for OEM spoiler and install by dealer. Last I spoke to them dealer wanted $100 bucks for install but now that I'm ready to make an appointment I'll call them and see if I can wiggle them down lol.

#55 ·
Before I bring in the spoiler to install I wanted to check fitment and color match. I test fitted on the Juke and fitment looks spot on I was also the color was a perfect match as well all in all I was really impressed by the overall quality it exceeded my expectations. The spoiler came with mounting hardware and mounting template.
View attachment 96689 View attachment 96697 View attachment 96705

#57 ·
Looks like I will have the Juke this afternoon, all evening and tomorrow morning so I'm going to go ahead and give her a full detail job. I want to keep that new paint new and protected. First time wash and detailing the Juke so I'm excited even though detailing is tedious at times and is definitely a labor of love. I will post pics of my work once I'm done.

#61 ·
You may ask yourself why would someone detail a brand new car? Most people would think that is unnecessary and a waste of time since the paint in "brand new". Well through the shipping process either by truck or train or ship alot of crap in other contaminants can and will get onto the new car paint. Also you always want a good coat of sealant and wax on your paint to protect it from the elements especially when the paint is fresh and "new". So with my neighbors driving by scratching their heads wondering what I was doing I went ahead and detailed the Juke for the first time about 3 weeks after bringing her home.

I decided to start off using a pH neutral concentrate car wash soap rather than a wash and wax type soap. Since I was going to wax anyway I just wanted a car wash soap without any waxing additives mixed in. I just wanted a clean surface to work on.
View attachment 96961

Always the two bucket system wash and rinse and a good wash mitt.
View attachment 96969 View attachment 96977

I like using a wheel cleaner to loosen the heavy dirt and brake dust before I hand wash the wheels. This one does a good job of cleaning.
View attachment 96985

And waffle weave towel to dry her off.
View attachment 96993

Used a Quik Detailer as my lubricant for the surface area to be clayed.
View attachment 97001

This is off the hood alone you can see there is a fair bit of contaminants that the clay bar picked up.
View attachment 97009
And off the side of the car, not bad but definitely there was contaminants there.
View attachment 97017

Once I was done I wiped down the car with a microfiber cloth.
View attachment 97025

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.