Bates' 2012 SV 6MT - Page 6

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Bates' 2012 SV 6MT

Update #3:

Sent the clutch back with my original clutch. My mechanic should have the revised clutch tomorrow but I am not happy.

Mark is trying to blame the problem on excessive runout on the friction disk (that he says was caused by installation error) on top of the pressure plate that wasn't done right by him. He's trying to split the blame, but it is obvious this was completely on him. This wasn't some flimsy friction disk installed by some enthusiasts on their backs in their home garage with a jack. This was an upgraded beefy disk installed by a pro at a shop who has installed countless clutches, 3 of them for me, and 1 on my Juke previously. My mechanic knows his ****.

Plus I have seen idiots do clutch jobs themselves and slam the transmission back into place and they never ran into any issues. To even think he is trying to place the blame on installation error when he admits the pressure plate was not right is insane, even more so when you take into consideration he screwed up the first clutch I ordered from him 3 years ago. Now I have to fight to get reimbursed for his mistake and then I am done with him.
    2012 Juke SV 6MT
    No second car... for now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

As long as it all works out. Keep your fingers crossed.
    2014 Silver NISMO RS 2wd 240whp 260tqe
    Tint Sun Strip. Cargo Cover. DRL Switch. Zenon Headlites. Full Ultratech Racing Brace Pkg
    LED:Gator Backup Dome License SideMarker Brake. Pinstriping. Doorguards.Weathertech's
    Lighted Scuffs, Accent Lighting, Nismo Strut Caps, 80A Engine mount. Uprev Tuned. Boost gauge
    2J Pully, GTM IC pipes, Injen CAI, TS Wastegate, Injen 2ndCATdlt & 3" pipe, TS BOV, Stut Tower Brace

Thanks on keeping us in the loop regarding your issues with the clutch.

Hopefully it will get fixed soon.
    Juke Nismo RS 6MT
    Mods: Stockish for now! Hidden Content Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Thanks. The issue is though, I don't have the money right now to cover a second labor job. I saved up money for labor for one job. I've been without my car since December. It's incredibly stressful. Pretty much this guy has to do the right thing and pay me the money he owes me or I am going to be without my car for even longer.
    2012 Juke SV 6MT

It maybe time to get a lawyer involved if they refuse to cover some of the cost of labor.

Additionally, perhaps you can create a go fund me account and ask the forum to help you out.
    If each member chips in $5 it may add up to help with the cost.

when/if they re-pay you, you can donate some money to the forum or someone else in a similar situation. Pay it forward so to speak.
    Juke Nismo RS 6MT
    Mods: Stockish for now! Hidden Content Hidden Content

While I appreciate the notion, I am hoping it does not come down to either. The dude messed up and it cost me money. Right thing to do is pay me back. Every gear head I have asked have agreed that it was without a doubt the pressure plate that caused the issue.

Getting a lawyer will require time and money I don't have. If he refuses to pay me what he owes me, I will start a hate campaign against his company, file complaints with the BBB, and do whatever I can to hurt his business. 2 mistakes on 2 clutches for an expert is absolutely unacceptable.
    2012 Juke SV 6MT

Mechanic called to say the car is done. Can't get it back until I return from Asia. Falcon has been ignoring my requests for my 500$ labor compensation, which is cheaper than the 750$ I'm paying for the first install. I'm afraid I'm going to have to dispute my credit card charge to get the money I am owed. They are being very unprofessional right now and I don't appreciate it.
    2012 Juke SV 6MT

Well at least it is done. Sucks its gonna cost more. Hopefully it will all iron out soon,
    2014 Silver NISMO RS 2wd 240whp 260tqe
    Tint Sun Strip. Cargo Cover. DRL Switch. Zenon Headlites. Full Ultratech Racing Brace Pkg
    LED:Gator Backup Dome License SideMarker Brake. Pinstriping. Doorguards.Weathertech's
    Lighted Scuffs, Accent Lighting, Nismo Strut Caps, 80A Engine mount. Uprev Tuned. Boost gauge
    2J Pully, GTM IC pipes, Injen CAI, TS Wastegate, Injen 2ndCATdlt & 3" pipe, TS BOV, Stut Tower Brace

11. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.